Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Simple Tuesday!!



I decided to just experiment on the side dish today. I have had a long day and I am exhausted. I gave blood today. Hooray!! I made Fried Steak w/ Country Style Potatoes. Recipe for the potatoes is below.





Link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/country-style-fried-potatoes/detail.aspx

Country Style Potatoes

Ingredients


3 tablespoons and 1-3/4 teaspoons shortening
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Directions

In a large cast iron skillet, heat shortening over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Serve hot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the bad habit of not following recipes to a T. That was the case for this one. I used half shortening and half bacon grease. Also I used no garlic powder and no paprika. (Because I don't currently have any :( ) I did add some complete seasoning and fried it for a long time. I wish I could have fried it for a little longer so it was crispier but it was still good. Next time I'll add bacon!!! Everything is better with bacon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment