Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shrimp Primavera A La Maria 09/20/11



I had a few veggies I hadn't used yet that I wanted to use today so I took a Shrimp Primavera recipe and changed it up a bit. This is what I did.






Shrimp Primavera A La Maria

2 Medium Sized Zuccini
3 Small Carrots
3 Tablespoons Butter
Complete Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
3 Cheese Marinara
Angel Hair Pasta
Medium Sized Frozen Shrimp

Method:

1- Melt butter in a large fry pan
2- Slice carrots and Zuccini to quarter and half size pieces.
3- Add to melted butter to brown and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
4- Once the veggies start softening, add 2 big dollops of pasta sauce and continue frying.
5- Boil lightly salted water and add angel hair pasta.
6- Once the pasta is almost done, add the shrimp and the remaining pasta sauce to the frying pan with the veggies.
7- Boil the veggies and shrimp in the pasta sauce for 10-15 additional minutes.
8- Drain the pasta when it is done and return to the pot.
9- Add 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil so the pasta does not stick.
10- Add to veggie/sauce/shrimp mixture and toss till everything is saucy.

Serve Immediately

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made this dish wanting something amazingly delicious to serve to my bf. It sounded good in my head. It was good but not amazing. The carrots could have been cooked a little longer. They were still a little hard. Also it was missing a garlic salty taste to it. Like I said, It was good but not amazing. This dish would be AMAZING if I had separated everything. If the carrots and zuccini were served as side dishes as apposed to mixed in with the pasta, the sauce, and the shrimp. And it also needed cheese badly! (I LOVE CHEESE!!!!) Well at least its an improvement from yesterday. Moooovin on UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment