Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Green Bean Casserole 09/17/11



I made this casserole with some pan fried chicken drumsticks. I unfortunately threw away the packaging for the french fried onions so I don't have the recipe for the casserole but as soon as I go back to Aldi I will update this post.



Chicken

The chicken I made like I have in the past.


- One pound of chicken drumsticks
- Salt
- Pepper
- 1/2 a Yellow (spanish) Onion
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Veggie Oil
- 1 cup of chicken broth

1- Heat fry pan with butter and veggie oil. Add Onions and caramelize.
2- While it caramelizes, season the drumsticks with salt and pepper to taste.
3- Once the onions are softer add 1 cup of chicken broth and add the chicken.
4- Cover and cook for 25 min. (More if you want it more fall off the bone)
5- Chicken should be ready once the juices run clear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how I usually make chicken so it came out how it usually does. It tastes like chicken lol.

The Green Bean Casserole I have never made before. I remembered back when I first started dating the love of my life. He mentioned that he loved green bean casserole and he would make it for me one day. My boyfriend does not cook so I took the initiative with this journey. I kept thinking, gosh this sounds so difficult to make. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! So simple, so easy, and oh so delicious!!! I can't believe I never had the courage to make this before last Saturday. I am so glad I did and my boyfriend loved it like a child loves candy. I can't help but smile when things go right. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment